Monday, August 19, 2013

The Plain Princess & hospital visits.

Last night I had the opportunity to go to my old professor, Jim Christian's house to do a reading for his new musical "The Plain Princess" which will be premiering at Weber State University in October! I LOVED THIS NIGHT! It was exactly what I needed. It also made me realize how much I am going to MISS Jim this year. He has always been a constant support for me over the past five years. He has been an inspiration and a teacher, but most importantly he has been a friend. It was a really great night and that show is going to be so great and fun and very special for everyone who gets to be in it.

Today...sucked. I woke up with a call from my sister, then my mom telling me that she had been admitted into the hospital. So here's a bit of background...

My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer last August. She's been dealing with it so well and only has two more chemotherapy treatments left until her cancer journey is OVER! But...about two months ago she started to get sick, and it's never gone away. She has this horrible cough and has been exhausted. They finally told us a couple weeks ago that it was pneumonia. BUT it's still never gone away. So today she went in and they decided to admit her. We went to visit and basically they said that they thought she had an infection in her lung. So they took her to get her lung biopsied and when they were in there, because of her chemotherapy treatment, all of her tissue is thinner and so she started bleeding and it didn't stop. So after they got her out of surgery they admitted her into the ICU and put her on a respirator.

So that sucks...and that's the update.

No comments:

Post a Comment