Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The trouble with BANGS

Ya know what's really difficult?

GROWING OUT YOUR BANGS.

I've been a bang girl for the last two years. I love myself with bangs. I love the way others respond to my bangs...but I've since grown to HATE them.

Here's why....
#1 New York is WINDY. I leave my house with my bangs perfectly styled, sprayed and ready to go. The second I walk out the door of my beautiful NY apartment I get hit with a blast of wind that makes my bangs look like this:
The wind catches Duchess Kate's hair, as she leaves Hillsborough Castle in Belfast, Northern Ireland
And while she is always beautiful...this look is NOT. At least not for me. It drives me nuts, and I always have to have a damn comb with me. AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FA DAT.

#2 Let's face it. I'm a sweaty lady. And the first thing that sweats is my HAIRLINE. Great, huh? Even after a shower while I'm blow drying my hair (which is necessary with bangs...or else it can be disastrous) my head starts to sweat. Not a good look people...

#3 It's cold in New York. Which equals a winter full of HATS. I love hats. My bangs do not. I don't know how people make the whole "hipster hat with bangs" look work....but I definitely did not master it this winter. The hat pushes your bangs forward and covers your eyes. So I felt like a goober and sometimes didn't wear a hat which I immediately regretted after I stepped outside. 

So after some serious thinking...I think it's time to say goodbye to the bangs.
We had a good run, but it's time to move on. Please don't make this difficult for me.

Oh. And if any of you ladies have some tips for me on how to make this difficult time a little easier, I'm open to any advice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment