Monday, January 12, 2015

Lessons Learned

Living in New York City is unlike anything else in the world. I've learned more than I ever thought I would in just three months. Here are some 

Seamless is one of the best inventions in the world.
As is Uber.
Grocery shopping in NYC is a TASK
Comfortable shoes in the city is a MUST
As is an umbrella-I had no idea how much it rains here.
You have to get used to the fact that people will talk to you. Even when you have your headphones in.
Sometimes dollar pizza is the answer.
I am now a master at getting cheap Broadway tickets.
Always carry cash
And a phone charger 
When going to an audition, you don't have to show up in your audition outfit. Show up in sweat pants...you're gonna be sitting there for awhile.
Also, people wear jeans at auditions.
I've discovered my drink is a nice whiskey coke.
You'll see famous people. Just walking around.
Times Square is the worst.
You will feel like your face is going to fall off in the winter. 
I have become more addicted to coffee than I was already.
When nobody is on a subway car...don't go on it, it's empty for a reason.
When a crazy person is on your subway car-change cars.
Seeing a movie in the theatres will cost a million dollars.
Get ready to walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment