Monday, March 10, 2014

A lovely weekend.

I had a truly marvelous weekend! I've been feeling a little blue lately, and quite frankly out of touch with the world, so it was good to reconnect with so many people that I love.
Thursday I went with Stewart to Lagoon for our fittings! We both talked about how awesome this summer is going to be, and we are going to get so fit and fierce. It made me even more excited for the summer. Then we went up to Ogden to my old stomping grounds! I showed her around the Browning Center and stopped into the costume shop to see Jean, Karrie, Shawnee, and Mandee! Then I showed her all the theatres and saw John, Van, and Austin along the way. It was really fun to go back and see people. I don't miss taking stupid math, but I do miss those people. And Jim classes. Then we saw Picnic at Hanging Rock which I really loved. It was hauntingly beautiful. Congratulations to all involved!

Friday I worked then stopped to get Jon and drove down to Orem to see Big River which was AWESOME. Hale Orem NEVER ceases to amaze me. Every single show I have seen there has been good. I love seeing what they do with that tiny space. It never feels tiny, and the possibilities are endless. I would love love love to work there again. I love that place so much. And I got to see a bunch of my In the Heights friends which is always amazing. I love those babes. I realize I am saying love a lot, but that's just how I feel about my entire ITH and Hale Orem experience! 


Saturday I slept in and got some much needed work done. (Room and bathroom clean, cat things clean) I also watched Dallas Buyers Club with momma. Damn. That is a good movie. Redbox it NOW. Then Jon, Ashley and I went to Once On This Island at The Grand Theatre. The entire time I was remembering being in that show as a little lady at The Babcock and Kingsbury Hall. Those were good times. That was the first time I got to play a dream role, so I have a special connection with it :) Go see it to hear JD kill it. He seriously is amazing. This is a pic of me backstage playing Ti Moune in...2006 I think? 

Then after we went out to Bar X for Randall's birthday! I got to play with soooo many people that I adore! I love having so many of my friends all in one place. It's one of my favorite things. 

One of the things that made this weekend extra special was seeing so much theatre. I love watching my friends grow and seeing GOOD story telling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment