Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Boston and life changes

I'm really trying to be better at this whole blogging thing. I find that I start on one topic and then ramble on to several others, so forgive me. Also I don't know how to follow new people...so if anyone can help out this blogger challenged girl-I'm accepting it.

Last night I got home from a trip to Boston to visit my best friend! Boston is beautiful. So full of history and I swear it's like 7 different cities all in one. I decided a couple weeks ago that I needed to see my best friend. I've been having a mild quarter life crisis lately. Nothing too serious I just have been having a hard time. I have NO idea what the next year of my life is going to look like. I have everything all planned out until September, but then after that what will I do? Move? Stay here? I'm doing 4000 MILES @ SLAC and then the day after we close I start Lagoon rehearsals. I'm really excited for both of these things. But I'm starting to get stressed about life after. And what helps the most when you're stressed? Talking to your best friend of course. And I don't have the luxury of driving over to her house anymore...she lives basically a country away. So I checked out my sky miles and realized I could fly to her and home for a grand total of $7. So a few minutes later I booked my first trip to Boston! We spent the week walking around, taking the T, taking loads of pictures, drinking a lot of alcohol and coffee, and seeing the sights. It was just what my soul needed. It's so nice to be with someone who has known you since you were a little kid. I'm so thankful every day that I have a life long friend. I have been friends with her longer than I haven't been. We can talk about things, relive memories, or just enjoy each others company. It's nice. And I miss having her close to me. But it's a comfort to know that she will always be my best friend. Sorry girl-you're not getting rid of me anytime soon. Getting away and getting a bit of clarity. What will I do after September? I'm not entirely sure, but I'm going to try to focus on taking it a day at a time. Take life as it comes, and enjoy the ride.

So I ask you friends that read my blog (if there are any?) how do you know when you need to make a major life change? How do you know when it's the right time to take the move to the big city? Wait until I get my equity card? Wait until your bills are paid off? Or just follow your gut? I'm terrified. Moving terrifies me. A lot of people I know talk about how they can't wait to get out and how they hate Salt Lake. But I've gotta be honest. I love my home. I really love living here and most importantly, I love all of my people. So do I just suck it up and follow my heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment